Quality Improvement Leader
1. Share our 2020 viewpoint on employee communications.
2. Outline how to build a solid, inclusive strategy.
3. Understand how to lead with a process and a plan.
4. Strengthen your communication competencies (the 5 Cs).
5. Discuss lessons in a roundtable format.
The consistent number one feedback and improvement area in employee surveys is better communication. Whether it's communication from senior executives, communication between supervisors and employees or communication between teams and departments, the call to action for leaders who want to keep their talent engaged and productive is clear. This forum will focus on practical and efficient employee communication methods and tools, especially for organizations going through change without the luxury of an in-house, internal communications resource.