1. Explore proven methods to generate profit within a nonprofit.
2. Discuss how to identify problems before they become a crisis.
3. Interactively generate ideas to run your organization more effectively.
In this session we will provide an overview of the tools necessary to successfully operate a grant-funded nonprofit with the primary emphasis being on financial and profit generation aspects. In this session we will provide an overview of the tools necessary to successfully operate a grant-funded nonprofit, with the primary emphasis being on financial and profit-generation aspects. The session topics will include:
• Guidelines and ratios for determining financial health.
• Methods of generating unrestricted funds in a grant-funded environment.
• An overview of how to read financial statements.
• How to tell whether your audit is effective, including the role of an audit committee, and corrective action for management letters and audit findings
There will be an opportunity for participants to brainstorm new business ideas for an interactive discussion between participants and the trainer.