1. Examine the significance of Form 990 to your organization.
2. Discover the rules behind particular questions and the impact of particular answers.
3. Identify the information your organization will be required to provide to your tax return preparer.
If you are not already familiar with Form 990, or you desire a refresher, this course is for you. This hands-on session will familiarize you with some of the key considerations for the Form 990 to get you ready to file. Come to this session to explore the answers to the following questions:
- What changes/clarifications have been made during the year to the Form 990, and how will they affect my organization and me in my role?
- What are all those questions on the Form 990, and what do they mean to my organization?
- How do I properly report the organization's board of directors’ members and employees on the Form 990? What do all the different employee classifications mean?
These questions and more will be answered as we walk through Form 990 and all of its schedules during our discussion. Bring specific questions to this updated session, and we'll discuss them as a group.