19th Annual National Training Conference
July 8 - 13, 2018 | Caesars Palace | Las Vegas, Nevada
Head Start/Early Head Start Regulation Overview Preconference
For professionals new to the organization or for those who have been serving children and families for decades, if you administer a Head Start/Early Head Start (HS/EHS) program, these two days are designed just for you!
Review the regulations you need to know to stay in compliance through examples, stories, and best practices learned from years of experience. Take back up-to-date and relevant information to implement immediately in your agency.
Wipfli’s nonprofit experts have been presenting the highest-quality training for more than 40 years. Participants declare Wipfli training “empowering,” “outstanding,” “meaningful,” “invaluable,” and “relevant.”SEE PRICING AND REGISTER
Be Prepared: Wipfli has "Gone Green!"
Materials for this workshop will be available online two weeks prior to the start of the conference. For your convenience, you will have access to the online materials for two months following the conference.
Please download the materials before the workshop to your computer/device and bring your computer/device with you to the workshop. If you prefer to print the materials, please bring them with you because paper copies will not be available on site.
You will receive a workbook on site for hands-on activities. Registered attendees will receive an e-mail when the materials are available online.
Training Seminar Outline
Day 1: Head Start/Early Head Start Regulation Overview
Date: Sunday, July 8, 2018, 1:30-5 p.m.
Tracks: Head Start/Early Head Start
Experience: All (All levels of experience)
Advanced Preparation: None
Field of Study: Specialized Knowledge
Lead Trainer: Tammy T. Jelinek, MBA, Partner
Additional Trainers: Katherine Eilers, MBA, Manager
HS/EHS Program Staff
The Head Start Act identifies pages of guidelines that HS/EHS programs need to follow to stay in compliance. When you are implementing the Head Start Act, there are numerous things to consider, including how decisions impact your program. In this overview we will explore the Head Start Act and give you time to learn where to find information and dig into the details once you are back at the office. And since the Head Start Act goes hand-in-hand with the Head Start Program Performance Standards (HSPPS), we will explore the highlights of all of the HSPPS (45 CFR Parts 1301-1305). Our goal is to help you get comfortable with what HS/EHS programs need to follow to stay in compliance. We will pay special attention to the areas of:
- Definitions (They sometimes differ depending on the regulation.)
- Administrative requirements (administrative limitations, non-federal match [a/k/a in-kind], following 45 CFR Part 75)
- Power and functions (governing body, policy council, policy committees, and administrative requirements)
- ERSEA (eligibility, recruitment, selection, enrollment, and attendance)
- Records (what to keep, how to keep it, and for how long)
- Qualifications and wages (background check and minimum staff requirements)
1. Explore how the Head Start Act and the HSPPS impact each other.
2. Discuss how the Head Start Act and HSPPS impact your program.
3. Share ideas, thoughts, and best practices of ongoing leadership with these new requirements.
CPE credits for day one: 3.5 credits *
Day 2: Head Start/ Early Head Start Regulation Overview
Date: Monday, July 9, 2018, 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m.
Session information is the same as Day 1.
CPE credits for day two: 7.0 credits *
* National Registry of CPE Sponsors: Wipfli LLP is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.NASBARegistry.org.
Instructional Delivery: Group-Live. For more information regarding administrative policies, such as complaint, cancellation, and refund policies, please contact our offices at 888.876.4992.SEE PRICING AND REGISTER
Sunday, July 8, 2018
11 a.m. – 5 p.m. Preconference Check-in
1:30 – 5 p.m. HS/EHS Regulation Overview
Monday, July 9, 2018
8 – 8:30 a.m. Light Refreshments
8:30 a.m. – 12 p.m. HS/EHS Regulation Overview
12 – 1:30 p.m. Lunch (on your own)
1:30 – 5 p.m. HS/EHS Regulation Overview
HS/EHS Regulation Overview and registration to the Wipfli National Training Conference:
- Preregistration rate: $1,300 per person if registered by February 1, 2018
- Early-Bird Rate: $1,425 per person if registered between February 2, 2018 and June 8, 2018
- Regular rate: $1,625 per person if registered after June 8, 2018
HS/EHS Regulation Overview Overview-only rate:
- Early-bird rate: $700 per person if registered by June 8, 2018
- Regular rate: $750 per person if registered after June 8, 2018
Registration fee includes:
- Up to 10.5 hours of training in accordance with the standards of the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. CPE credits are granted based on a 50-minute hour.
- Training workbook.
- Access to download presentation.
- Refreshment breaks.
Cancellation Policy: Cancellations made after June 15, 2018, will be charged $100 per person cancellation fee. If you cancel, you may send a substitute from your organization or transfer your registration fee to a future seminar without penalty. Participants who register but neither attend or cancel are charged for their full registration fee. Call 888.876.4992 for questions about this policy.
- Uniform Guidance Preconference
- Sage-Intacct Fundamentals Preconference
- Tribal Gaming Hot Trends and Hot Topics Preconference
- Leadership Summit Preconference
- Full Conference Schedule
What our attendees say...
Misty O'Keefe, COO
Child Care Aware of Missouri
Angele Thibodeaux Burns, CEO
East Central Illinois Community Action Agency
Brian Heese, Executive Director
Northern California Child Development, Inc.
Mary Werner, Director, Financial Planning & Analysis
Lutheran Social Services of the South Upbring
Daphne Harris Brown, Compliance Specialist/IT Specialist
Washington County Opportunities
Charlie Ugarte, Director of Finance
Puerto Rican Family Institute